Terms & Conditions
Notice: Upon arrival we will access the requirements for completion of work. If we can help we will agree with the customer prior to commencement and the basis of our charges for doing the work.
We will carry out the required work in accordance with our quotation with reasonable care and attention.
If during the work other matters come to our attention and we believe other work is necessary and we think we can help we will agree with the customer and obtain acceptance of any additional charges prior to commencement.
Our normal business hours are 8.30am – 17:30pm these are our normal trading hours excluding Bank Holidays.
The following terms and conditions apply:
1. The quotation we are providing is based on the information that we have been supplied and/or any relevant plans. It relates to the works requested by the client to whom the estimate is addressed and is in respect of the property indicated. On receipt of working drawings we reserve the right to alter our quotation if the detailed information varies from the original enquiry.
2. The quotation will remain open for acceptance for a period of 30 days from the date there on. If the quotation should be accepted a written contract will be set up between Bigness and the client and a non-refundable deposit will be required prior to commencement of works to cover assessment and preparation works.
3. The quotation is based on the visual inspection and assumed condition of the land/building, unless stated otherwise with evidence of a written description or detailed plans from the structural engineer or architect. Any change to those conditions found to exist as work proceeds may result in additional charges to those initially indicated and Bigness will not be held liable.
4. The client, in accepting this quotation, agrees to Bigness carrying out the described works on the property, and they shall make reasonable provisions to protect their fixtures and fittings not subject to the described works and other possessions left in the property whilst the works are undertaken.
The client shall also make safe, suitable and uninterrupted access to carry out the work.
Wallpaper and paintwork can sometimes be damaged. It is the responsibility of the customer to take any protective actions felt necessary.
The customer is to obtain all necessary permissions, from any landlord or local authority prior to starting the work.
An electricity supply (220/240v) is often needed. The customer is to provide this supply and also a suitable standard outlet reasonably near to the work. This supply will be of no cost to us.
Should remedial work be needed, we cannot be held responsible for problems than arising if the customer does not accept our advice.
It is important to us that our customers understand the nature of the work needed. Please feel free to ask or request any information that will put your mind at rest.
5. The quotation is based on the work being carried out during normal working hours. Should weekend, holiday or other extraordinary hours be required the client may incur an additional costs for this.
6. Any changes or alterations to the quoted works or to the materials requested by the client may result in an alteration to the costs. All additional works instructed to be carried out during the course of works will be subject to additional charges based on day rate basis and any extra materials will be charged accordingly.
7. The quotation is subject to the availability of materials, plant and labour at the time required. Liability cannot be accepted for delays or their effects either whole or part to causes out of our control.
8. The quotation provided is based on known costs for materials etc., at the time of preparation. Occasionally the building trade experiences sudden price increases. Whilst we aim to keep within the quoted costs, we may be forced to increase charges when situations like this occur. We will notify the client of any such increases if they occur.
9. The quote assumes the provision of adequate parking facilities for Bigness staff members on site, all additional costs for parking and access will be charged forward to the client.
10. The quotation assumes adequate access points are provided for all plant and access machinery required to complete the works.
11. Where present, it will be assumed that the supply of water, electricity and toilet facilities will be made available for the use of all workmen on site. If not an additional charge may be made to provide these services to comply with Health & Safety.
12. The quotation is based on the information given with the enquiry on all services either underground or above. We would expect the client to be in receipt of all service drawings and all services located prior to any excavation taking place. No liability of damage services will be paid by Bigness.
13. Bigness shall not be held liable for any works undertaken at the client’s instructions if that work requires planning or other consents, which the client has not obtained.
14. Unless requested as part the contract, it is the responsibility of the client to apply for and pay all appropriate fees, for such consent prior to the commencement of works.
15. Bigness aims to carry out works to a very high standard and in accordance with current legal and building regulations. Any changes to the regulations which were not in existence at the date of this contract Bigness will not be liable for.
16. All visitors to the site where works are being carried out including owners of the property, do so at their own risk. Bigness will not accept any liability for injury should an accident occur.
17. Terms of Payment
Payment is due when the work is carried out, unless the customer is an account customer previously cleared through our accounts department. These account invoices are due for payment within thirty (7) days from date of invoice unless previously agreed and shown on the invoice. Any invoice outstanding beyond this period will be referred to our solicitors and will be subject to a surcharge of 15% plus VAT to cover the collection costs incurred. This surcharge together with all other charges and legal fees incurred will be the responsibility of the customer and will be legally enforceable.
Our rates will be agreed with the customer prior to the work being carried out. Our agreed labour rate will be fixed for the duration of the work. We make a minimum charge of a period of ONE (1) HOUR. All diagnostics work is chargeable.
For all larger jobs, clients are required to pay for cost of materials and 30% labour before commencement of works. Bigness has the right to invoice at stages to limit exposure.
Estimates are simply what they say. We cannot be held responsible should time or materials required be other that what was envisaged. Any part payment paid in advance for work cannot be refunded under any circumstances.
All our calculations are on an agreed labour rate of one hour multiples. Any part of a quarter hour or one hour unit is charged to the next upwards unit of the quarter or full hour.
Time spent travelling should materials be needed are charged to a maximum of one hour. Materials used are charged in addition to labour charges. No supplier invoices will be submitted to the customer under any circumstances.
18. Any disputes with the invoice must be raised in writing within seven days of the date of invoice. Failure to do this will result in the full invoice amount being made payable.
19. All invoices where applicable will be subject to V.A.T at the appropriate rate. Unless the client advises Bigness of any different rate we will automatically charge the standard rate.
20. None of our materials are fire retardant, unless specifically stated in the quotation.
21. All goods, for whatsoever supplied, shall remain the property of Bigness until paid in full. “Notwithstanding that risk in the goods shall pass to the buyer upon delivery, full legal and equitable title and interest in all and any goods supplied by Bigness to the buyer shall remain vested in Bigness. Including where such goods have been affixed to the land or property by the buyer or his agents, and shall not pass to the buyer until Bigness shall have received payment in full of all amounts due and owing from the buyer to Bigness for the time being (including any interest accruing and owing to Bigness.”
22. Bigness accepts no liability for consequential losses of any kind, by any party.
23. Bigness reserve the right to terminate the contract before its expiration, under specified terms and conditions, namely based on health and safety concerns and/or the parameters of the contract changing significantly to warranty re-negotiation or cancellation.
24. Payment is to be received within thirty days of the invoice date for companies who have established account terms with us. All works for new clients are payable prior completion.
25. Payment terms for existing clients, subject to credit clearances, are 7 days from date of invoice and we reserve the right to charge interest, at the current rate, on all overdue accounts.
26. Cancellation of jobs may be made by phoning Head Office on 0207 112 5356, we regret that non notification of cancellation will incur a cancellation fee, for wasted man hours, travelling and time on site. Each fee will vary according to distance travelled and size of job/preparation.
27. We reserve the right amend or adapt these Terms and Conditions at any stage and recommend you contact us to ensure you have the latest version.
28. Under these Terms and Conditions Bigness have been referred to, BIGNESS CONSTRUCTION GROUP, company number 10965571.
Where the Works have been completed subject to snagging, 95% of all amounts outstanding must be paid on such completion and the Customer must provide access to Bigness without delay to enable the snagging to be finalised. The balance of 5% will become payable upon the finalisation of the snagging or, if access has not been made available to carry out the snagging within 14 days of completion, at the expiry of such 14 day period.
Bigness shall not be required to issue or deliver any certificates, guarantees or other similar documents regarding the Works until payment has been made in full.
29. Each party shall treat as confidential Quote and Price agreed and shall not divulge any such Confidential Information to any person (except to such party’s own employees and then only to those employees who need to know the same) without the other party’s prior written consent provided that this Clause 29 shall not extend to information which was rightfully in the possession of such party prior to the commencement of the negotiations leading to the Order, which is already public knowledge or becomes so at a future date (otherwise than as a result of a breach of this Clause 9) or which is trivial or obvious. Each party shall ensure that its employees are aware of and comply with the provisions of this Clause 29.
The foregoing obligations as to confidentiality shall survive any termination of the Order.
TERMS AND CONDITIONS FOR MONEY OFF COUPONS OR VOUCHERS
1. Coupons are not for resale and are not redeemable for cash.
2. Coupons are available against online bookings only.
3. A coupon cannot be applied to orders already placed with Bigness.
4. A coupon cannot be used in conjunction with any other fixed price quotation, written quotation and any other aspect of additional works.
NO VERBAL OR WRITTEN REPRESENTATIONS OF ANY KIND SHALL SUPERSEDE THE CONTENTS OF THIS DOCUMENT
By accepting the quote and proceeding with works, you (the Client) accept all terms listed above and agree to abide by these terms.
Our Company details
This information will be used to contact you about your potential project and answer any questions you may have.
Local rate call: 0207 112 5356
Calls to BIGNESS CONSTRUCTION GROUP may be recorded for training and monitoring purposes.
BIGNESS CONSTRUCTION GROUP
Company number 11271997
86 – 90 Paul Street
office @ bigness.uk.com
Please direct all sales / tender / pricing enquiries to the head office.
Call 0207 112 5356 For a Free Site Visit and Quote!
Get in touch today to discuss our range of building and construction services.
Our experienced team are always happy to help and give advice!